When I was asked for my room number in Seattle, I had no idea, I looked in my purse for the room key and pulled out key cards from Portland, London, Paris and Philly (an indication that I need to clean out my purse!). I was at the end of my six weeks of travel staying at eight hotels during this time. It was understandable that I was confused, it had been a busy travel schedule. My purse was full of three currencies, boarding passes and key cards.
Similar to my crazy two months of travel last October/November (see “Two Months – three trips, 16 flights, 43,000 miles and I’m exhausted), I would fly over the pond twice in a month. This big trip would not involve a round the world trip after London but rather just a West Coast trip, a bit more manageable. This all sounds fun in theory and it was until I came home to the bills (an 11 yo is expensive to feed!), my work emails and had to re-enter my normal life, one without room service and housekeeping. Immediately all of the travel goodwill and relaxation quickly faded and I immediately wanted to get back on a plane and fly away but I need to work to support my travel life so back to the real world I go albeit reluctantly.
For the past few weeks, I’ve posted a lot about the trips and still have more pending. So here is the itinerary that kept me and my TripIt Pro busy for June and July:
- Philly to London – British Airways lounge PHL and Club World flight
- Rosewood London – first stay at this luxury hotel in Holborn and loved my Rosewood Sense Spa visit
- Sofitel St. James – first stay at this luxury property
- London to Philly – BA T5 lounge and Club World flight
Weekend in Philly with Friends
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia (where I set off the fire alarm!)
Paris & London
- Amtrak Philly to NY Penn Station
- Dinner at Pennsylvania 6 with a NYC Friend
- Our Amazing Race to JFK
- JFK to London to Paris Orly – BA lounges in JFK and T5, Club World to LHR, Club Europe to Orly
- Hotel Atmospheres – Paris boutique hotel
- Hotel Fabric – Paris boutique hotel
- Eurostar Paris Gare du Nord to London St. Pancras
- Sheraton Park Lane London
- LHR to PHL – BA lounge T5, Club World to PHL
- USAirways to Portland, Ore – paid upgrade to First Class
- World Domination Summit attendee
- The Nines Hotel, upgraded to the Club Lounge
- Amtrak Cascades Portland to Seattle
- Sheraton Seattle
- Alaska Air SEA to PHL – First trip on Alaska Airlines, flying First Class, first visit to the Alaska board room lounge
So for now, just like after the last big trip, I’m grounded for a while. That doesn’t mean I’m not looking for a new trip for the October/November time period, I am – I just don’t know where I want to go. It would be easy to just jump on a cruise and sit in the sun to relax but I love being active, exploring a new country so I’m torn with what’s next. I might just do local trips in an effort to save money for a big trip next year – maybe Galapogos? For now, I’m catching up on the many posts from trips in the last year – it’s been a busy year and there are still so many stories left to tell.
Thanks for following along and do share below if you’ve done any crazy trip itineraries like I have and how you deal with re-entry.